Thursday, October 21, 2010

Individual Meetings with Me

We will not be meeting the next two class periods (Tuesday, Oct 26 and Thursday, Oct 28), but you'll be meeting with me individually that week in my office at the Noel Studio. (If you forgot the day/time, I've taped a copy of the sign in sheet on the glass wall next to my door in the studio.)

Be sure to bring your self evaluation paper to that meeting. (I'll post the assignment below.) I also want to discuss your persuasive speech with you during that time, so have a good idea of what you'd like to do when you meet with me.

You may also want to begin collecting sources and writing a rough draft of your speech during this time.

See you during our meeting!

Public Speaking: Self evaluation

Write a 300 to 500 word (typed) analysis of your informative speech. You can answer each question as a different paragraph or integrate all the questions into an essay format, but make sure I can tell where these questions are being answered.

Answer the following questions:
1. What was the goal of your informative speech?
2. How much time and effort were you able to put into this project, and do you feel it was adequate?
3. What do you think your strengths and weaknesses were? (You may consider your topic, your visuals/body language, and your presentation style.)
4. If you had to give the speech again, how could you improve it?
5. What is something you learned from this experience about your presentation style and speech writing abilities?
6. How will you apply what you’ve learned into your persuasive presentation?

These self evaluations are due at your individual meeting time with me during Week 10, Oct 25-28.

No comments:

Post a Comment