Thursday, August 25, 2011

Prezi Fun and Tribe Metaphors

Learning about Prezi was a time to play and explore. We don't get many times in our adult lives to create things for fun, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

For our next class we'll be working with Prezi meeting on a group presentation. I want you to think about possible visual metaphors for your tribe and be ready to talk about them on Tuesday. You can base your tribe on a TV show, movie, song, ecosystem, whatever you find funny, interesting, or compelling. Your tribe will vote on which metaphor to use. I'll break a tie if necessary.

I also want you to read Chapter 1 in your textbook (Public Speaking: An Audience Centered Approach). If you were in class, you know the section I want you to focus on. As you read consider how it applies to the video below.



If you are having trouble understanding William's accent, click on the "languages" button and choose a language you feel comfortable reading. If the video isn't showing up, follow this link: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/william_kamkwamba_how_i_harnessed_the_wind.html

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment