Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reflection and a Video: Kinda like dinner and a movie, but most reflections are not edible

While Tuesday's class didn't go the way I expected, I hope you all are figuring out more and more exactly how your final presentation will come together.  I'm excited to see what you come up with and hope you have fun communicating with your group and the campus/community.

Before your final presentation, I want you to watch your Persuasive Speeches and reflect on your experience and presentation. (You can come by my office in the Noel Studio with a USB Drive to get a copy of your video, or take your chances on the technology in the classroom to download your video.) Once you watch your video, write your responses to the questions below and give them to me on or before the beginning of class on Thursday, December 8.
  1. Your Persuasive Speech was your third speech in the class, how do you think you've been able to progress as a speaker?
  2. What do you feel are your strengths as a presenter? Give me some examples you noticed in your video.
  3. What about your presentation style do you feel could be improved? Again, give me some examples you noticed while watching your video.
  4. Based on what you noticed in the video, what steps do you plan to take to prepare for your final presentation in this class? Be specific.
  5. What about this speech assignment did you find challenging? What did you enjoy? What could I do to improve the assignment for my next class?
Remember, we have one more reflection due by Thursday, December 15 at 12:30 p.m. (that's the end time for our final exam.) After your final presentation, I will post the questions on this blog. Answer these questions and email them to me before the day/time above. This will be your final exam for this class.

For Thursday watch this Ted Talk. Consider how the speaker uses video and pictures to help us understand his project.



Have a fantastic Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment