Thursday, August 23, 2012

Read and Play

Today we worked through our first technical difficulty with quickmeme going so slow, but I hope you've begun to get a grasp on our first public speaking assignment. As we discussed in class, you'll be presenting as a group with each person giving a 2 to 3 minute speech introducing themselves and their meme. I would encourage you to think of a story that goes along with your meme. Personal examples tend to resonate well with American audiences.

All groups should have a theme. You could focus on a broad topic like food or parking, or you could focus on animal memes or memes with similar designs. For this assignment you will need to create an original meme and a group Prezi to present your memes to the class. Bring any questions you have to class, post them on our Facebook group or email them to me.

For Tuesday's class, I want you to read chapter 1 in our textbook. Focus on the section regarding reducing speech anxiety. If you do not have a book yet, let me know. I will let you read mine in the Noel Studio during my typical workday (8 to 5). I also want you to play with Prezi and QuickMeme so you feel more comfortable with them on class on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment