Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Adapting to your Audience...things to consider

I had a great time playing with Edistorm today, and I hope you found the session helpful as you brainstorm ideas for your next speech.

Remember, the Informative Speech must be five to six minutes long. The topic is open, but I want you to find something that you want to know more about. Your passion, your narrative of the search to find the information can really help you connect to your audience. You are in a tech-savvy room. Feel free to use the technology: Prezi, PowerPoint, xtranormal, videos, music. Just make sure it's content you created or that I approve.

The speech is worth 50 points. Your audience will assign 10, and I will use the rubric we discussed in class to assign 40.

The point is: focus on your audience. Don't tell us things that we can find on wikipedia or YouTube. Collect, refine, and deliver a speech that really excites and interests you, and your audience will usually enjoy listening.

For Thursday, read Chapter 4 and focus on the section we discussed in class. I also want you to watch this short video.



See you Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment