Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Speeches Begin Thursday

We got a lot covered in class today. I hope you enjoyed my little talk and our discussion on designing visual presentation aids. Standing behind the podium (most of the time) and giving my talk let me know how you all will feel as you present. Thanks for talking me into it.

For class on Thursday, be prepared to deliver your informative speech. We had four volunteer, but we may need four or more other speeches. I will ask for volunteers; then I will draw names at random. If you are not ready to go, you will have points deducted.

Your participation during the speeches will be graded as well, so make sure you provide helpful comments and feedback to your peers. The quality of your comments is part of your grade. If you are absent during the speeches, you will have points deducted.

I want us all prepared and ready to go on Thursday. I feel that's the fairest way to approach these speeches. Email me if you have any questions or post something on our Facebook group.

Take another look at the speech rubric I handed out just to be safe. Please practice and do well. We are all pulling for you and want you to engage us as audience members.

Have a great Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment