Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Claim your monument

What a busy agenda. Thanks for keeping up. There was so much to accomplish today, and I'm really pleased with our progress. We listened to speeches, looked over the grading rubric, discussed the outline process, and watched and reflected over our first speech.

As you know from class, our next (informative) speech will be on a monument here at EKU. I want each of you to find your own monument to talk about. Once you get an idea, post it on our Facebook group. The first person to post the idea get's the topic. I define "monument" as a plaque, marker of some sort, or statue. If it's not one of those, run the idea by me first.

For Thursday, I want you to read Chapter 4 in your book. Focus on "assessing audience reaction." I also want you to watch this short video. As you watch, consider how Fabian is making technology adapt to the user and think about how we as speakers can adapt to our audience. Do you see any connections with what you read in Chapter 4 of our textbook? I see some.



Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment