Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Let the Research Begin!

A big thanks to the Noel Studio's Trenia Napier for showing us the library's website and offering an orientation on the Noel Studio. I also was impressed by the Special Collections Librarians presentations. You know, both Trenia and the other librarians gave an informative speech, just like we will be doing!

Remember, for the Informative Speech, I'll be looking for at least three sources.  

I will be traveling to a conference on Thursday, so don't come to class. Use that time to conduct research and/or write a draft of an outline.  

By the end of class on Thursday, I want you to email that outline draft to me (shawn.apostel@eku.edu). I also want you to read Chapter 13. Focus on learning style and strategies to maintain interest. As you write your email to send me the outline draft, tell me how you will attempt to get your audience interested in your topic. If you are not sure, use the email as a brainstorming session and tie in concepts from your readings.

Check back on the blog Thursday night or Friday. I'll have a new assignment posted then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment