Friday, September 7, 2012

It's time to get informative

We made great progress on Thursday getting our first, introductory speeches--for the most part--completed, and I hoped you learned from experience what worked and didn't work so well in this new environment. We will reflect on our speeches in class on Tuesday and will also begin thinking about our next assignment: the informative speech.

For Tuesday's class, I'd like to you skim chapter 5 of the book. As you browse consider the advice the book gives on strategies for coming up with a topic. We'll talk about the informative speech assignment on Tuesday, but I'd like you to know ways to find topic ideas before class.

As you know, I like speeches that tell stories, so I want you to watch this video (or see below) before class. Consider how Eva came up with research ideas. How does her speech, which is informative, differ from the typical informative speeches you hear in class?


Have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment